5 Distinctives of Beautiful Feet
Our Unchanging Vision:
Following Jesus to the Unreached Peoples!
We are sold out to Jesus! He is our passion and our pursuit. It is because of His great love for the unreached that we go. We recognize that the unreached peoples of our world have the greatest need and the least opportunity to enjoy life in the Kingdom and to understand our Savior’s great heart of love. So we follow Jesus to them, establishing Communities of Hope in the darkest parts of the world.
Our Five Distinctives
- Passionate Pursuit of Jesus - Our main aim for all of our home staff, missionaries and volunteers is that we will have an abandoned, aggressive, passionate pursuit of Jesus. Our prayer is that we would never be satisfied with the amount of Jesus that we have, but we would be always striving to know Him more and grow deeper in intimacy with Him.
- Radical Love for One Another - We strive to love each other as brothers and sisters in Christ, being wholly committed to each other, accepting one another as we are, but continually spurring each other on to good works. We aim to face any circumstance or conflict with humility, openness and unconditional love.
- Incarnational Lifestyle - As missionaries, we aim to live among the people, like the people. Just as Jesus became flesh and dwelt among us, so our missionaries go and live among the people like the people. As Paul became all things to all people, if our missionaries serve among a poor people, they are to live as poor people. As our missionaries leave their home and their families, they also willingly lay down the comforts and securities of their culture in order to take on the culture of those to whom they minister.
- Contextualization - Along with living like the people, our missionaries also aim to preach a pure gospel that has none of the cultural aspects of American Christianity, so that the individuals to whom they minister can incorporate the redeemable aspects of their culture into their worship of Jesus, i.e. music styles, leadership structures, appearance of church buildings, unique theologies, order of services, etc.
- Church Planting Movements - Beyond just seeing individuals won to Christ, it is our desire to see whole people groups respond to the Gospel. We are not content to plant just one or two communities of the King within a people group. Rather, it is our desire and aim to see rapid multiplication of churches, enabling an entire people group to have access to the Good News of Jesus.